How it Works
BugSnub® insect blocking gel is too goopy for ants to walk across. It is made from food grade ingredients, so it's safe around food, pets, and kids. It won't melt in the hot sun, it’s waterproof, and very long lasting. When applied to a BugSnub® insect deterrent cup, our patent pending system creates a mechanical barrier that is 100% ant proof. BugSnub® does not hurt or kill insects- instead it blocks them from accessing the food.
Tips for Best Results
- Don't let your food bowl, tray, or hummingbird feeder touch any other objects, such as a wall or tall weeds. This could allow ants to bypass the BugSnub® insect deterrent cup.
- Occasionally inspect the insect deterrent cup for pet hair, lint, dust, or spider webs that could become stuck in the gel. This could create a bridge across the gel for ants.
- Spread a thick layer of gel all over the inside of the insect deterrent cup. If there are any bare or dry patches, ants could walk across them.
- Each packet has enough gel for about 1 or 2 applications. Each application can last longer than a year.
- BugSnub® products can be used indoors and outdoors. The insect blocking gel is food grade, waterproof, and does not become runny in extremely hot weather. (Inspect the insect deterrent cup for dust or grass clippings that could become stuck in the gel after very windy weather).
- For raised pet feeders: Before attaching the bowl to the suction cup mount, clean the bottom of the bowl with soapy water, and then dry. Wipe the suction cup with a clean damp cloth. This will ensure a strong bond. The suction cup may need to be re-seated occasionally.