How it Works
BugSnub® insect blocking gel is a USDA food grade gel. It’s safe around pets, kids, and food. It won't melt in the hot sun, it’s waterproof, and very long lasting. When applied to a BugSnub® insect deterrent cup, our patent pending system creates a mechanical barrier that is 100% ant proof. BugSnub® does not hurt or kill insects- instead it blocks them from accessing the food.
Use your finger to spread the insect blocking gel over the entire inside surface of the deterrent cup. Attach the deterrent cup gel-side-down to permanently block ants and earwigs from reaching the food.
Tips for Best Results
- Before attaching the bowl to the suction cup or peel-n-stick mounts, clean the bottom of the bowl with soapy water, and then dry. Wipe the suction cup with a clean damp cloth. This will ensure a strong bond. The suction cup may need to be reseated occasionally.
- Don't let the sides of your food bowl touch any other objects, such as a wall or tall blades of grass or weeds. This could allow ants to bypass the BugSnub® deterrent cup.
- If your pet feeder is left outdoors in very windy conditions, inspect the BugSnub® deterrent cup. Dust and debris can stick to the insect blocking gel and create a bridge for ants.
- Each jar has enough gel for about 2 applications. Each application can last longer than a year.
- BugSnub® products can be used indoors and outdoors. The insect blocking gel is food grade, waterproof, and does not become runny in extremely hot weather.
- The small, single-bowl BugSnub® feeders come with a 4.4-inch diameter stainless steel bowl. If you choose to use a different bowl, we recommend the following bowl sizes:
- Single suction cup bowl mount- use lighter bowls (e.g. stainless steel) up to 6-inches diameter.
- Single peel-n-stick bowl mount- can use heavier bowls (e.g. ceramic) up to 7-inches diameter.